The Corniche was a development of the Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, with the two-door variants of that model marketed as the Silver Shadow Mulliner Park Ward two door fixed head coupé & drop head coupe from 1966 until 1971 when the Corniche name was applied.
The Corniche nameplate stems from the originally French and Italian term for a coastal road, especially along the face of a cliff.
The corniche was assembled and finished in London at Mulliner Park Ward as continuation of the predecessor model and had the company’s 6.75-liter V8 engine which could produce 218 horsepower and a maximum speed of 210 km/h. Moreover, a three-speed automatic transmission sourced from General Motors was standard. A four-wheel independent suspension with coil springs was augmented with a hydraulic self-leveling system (using the same system as did Citroën, but without pneumatic springs, and with the hydraulic components built under license by Rolls-Royce), at first on all four, but later on the rear wheels only. Four-wheel disc brakes were specified, with ventilated discs added for 1972.
This is a relatively rare finding today with only 1090 Rolls-Royce Corniche Coupe produced. The car was completely restored and recently painted. It only has 500km since its restoration and is of English origin (RHD). This classic is on the button and in very good condition in all major aspects.